Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lobster Boil


This is one of my favorite meals. For the last few years this has been my Father's Day meal. You can add additional things like sausage or shellfish if you like. Happy Father's Day to my fellow fathers.

Lobster Boil
4 lobster tails, I used 4 oz tails for this
24 shrimp
4 ears corn on the cob
4 potatoes or 8 small red ones
1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning

Fill a large stock pot with water, turned to high so water will boil. Add the red potatoes or if using larger potatoes cut them into smaller pieces and add them. Let them boil 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes start to get soft. Add the Old Bay and the lobsters. After 5 minutes add corn and shrimp and let boil 3 or 4 minutes longer until shrimp are cooked. Drain off water and put the food in a big bowl. Enjoy and put out lots of napkins. You may want to put out butter, salt, pepper for corn and potatoes, cocktail sauce for shrimp and melted butter for lobster. Oh yea, don't forget an ice cold beer.



10 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I am so jealous! By far two favorite foods are crab and lobster, crab first because I can afford it... But lobster is my first choice anytime! I love the combo plate here and with red potatoes is a bonus the best of the best in this plate my friend ! Have the Happiest Fathers Day ever! This one is pure perfection in a dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always do this with crab legs - but definitely going to try an upscale version with lobster soon! It looks too good to pass up - and what a way to celebrate Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down south we call this a low country boil. We add sausage like kilbasa. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very New England meal! Looks wonderful! Happy Father's Day!!! And let's make this NC blogger cook fest happen this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would absolutely love this! I'll have to keep it in mind for his birthday later this summer. Buzzed btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun, what a great meal! My husband would think he died and gone to heaven with this meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of the nice comments.
    Rachel thanks for the Buzz.
    Tiffany, I'm ready whenever you are just let me know. I just followed you on Twitter, PM me if you want to plan this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've always wanted to throw a boil at our house but always seem to have a reason not to. It looks like great fun and food. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Takes me back to New Orleans!! I would love to do a Lobster Boil!

    ReplyDelete