Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If Ronald McDonald was Italian...



I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my brother came to town and I made polenta cakes. Well I had to come up with some ideas for what to do with the leftovers. You have already seen Grilled Polenta Cakes with Bruschetta Topping here is what I did with the last couple of polenta cakes. Egg McMuffins Italian style.

Egg McPolenta
1 fried egg
1 slice fresh mozzarella
1 slice of tomato, 2 if you are using Roma tomatoes
1 slice prosciutto
1 polenta cake, I cut the cake in half so I had a top and bottom "bun" but only ended up eating 1 of the pieces
1 tsp olive oil

This recipe is for one serving just multiply it by the number of people you are serving.

Heat the olive oil in a nonstick frying pan, over medium heat. Add the polenta cake pieces and heat through. Remove and set aside while you fry the egg. To keep the egg the shape of the polenta I cracked it into a round cookie cutter a little smaller than then polenta cake. Spray the cookie cutter with non-stick spray for easy removal. After egg is fried place prosciutto on polenta then mozzarella, tomato and egg.


4 comments:

  1. your pictures just keep getting better and better this mouth is making my mouth water and I am drolling over the yolk awesome looking !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah this combo rocks. i could eat that every morning. forget the english muffin (no offense Ronald).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. I am making this ASAP.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. now this would make me go and eat at McDonalds again

    ReplyDelete