Sunday, June 3, 2012

Steak with Southern Comfort Sauce

Each year for Father's Day I have my Lobster Boil. I won the Cook's Illustrated Online Clam Bake Challenge with this recipe. I change the ingredients almost every time I make it. Adding things like crab, beer, clams or mussels. This year I decided to come up with a new recipe for Father's Day. I made a steak with Southern Comfort honey mustard sauce.

By the way I didn't eat the whole steak in the picture I split it with my wife. I did drink the Guinness. The recipe for the grilled vegetables can be found here, obviously without the pasta.

Steak with Southern Comfort Sauce
1 steak, any kind, I used sirloin
1 1/2 tbs Southern Comfort
2 tbs honey
1 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard

Preheat grill to medium high.

Mix Southern Comfort, honey and mustard together. Taste and adjust as you see fit. I usually make honey mustard at a 1 part honey to 1 part mustard, but when I added the Southern Comfort the mustard seemed to get very strong.
Cook the steak until it is about 2 minutes from being done. Spread the sauce over the top and let it finish cooking. There will be some extra sauce if you want more.
Back center is my dad, that is me on the right just before my 17th birthday. 

10 comments:

  1. Awesome photo, love the family yesteryear photos, brings me back to the days that were meaningful not hurried. I love the recipe but couldnt you add like a cup of that booze instead of tablespoons? Geesh... you wimped out on me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was making a sauce not a stew. I did notice in the picture you posted on FaceBook today that you had 3 bottles of wine for 12. I had beer and Southern Comfort in my picture and that was just for 2.

      Delete
  2. My Hubs would love this recipe, Greg, will make it for him when Father's Day arrives here on the Emerald Isle. I did spy a glass of "The Black Stuff" in your pic! Love it, and a lovely post, with the family photo included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black stuff seems to follow me around since I returned from your country. My wife became fond of ciders. The other thing that we we keep buying are Kerrygold cheeses. Are you going to switch Southern Comfort for Jameson's?

      Delete
  3. This looks yummy...what a combination mustard and southern comfort a must to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it said southern comfort. had to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog!! This sure is our kind of meal, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just eat the sauce?!?!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that sounds like a delicious sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice posting. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete